Saturday, January 13, 2007

Packing Week - FEMA Trailer

This is the week to pack the van, and see how much it can hold. I did get some great news from Lisa Young, Assistant Principal at the school. She has made arrangements for me to stay in one of the FEMA trailers while I'm at the school (if I wanted). So, after getting organized in a hotel for one night when I arrive, I'll move into one of the trailers that many of the teachers and families of the Andrew Jackson students have been living in for the past seventeen months. I should get a little appreciation of what they have been going through, albeit for a short time.

With my van at capacity, I did make a few more shipments directly from Staples this week. They were scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon, but I haven't heard yet. I've noticed that communications to the school are very difficult. Despite repeated tries at telephoning the school, I have never connected. All our communications have been through email or through Donna Schultz's cell phone. I suspect the lack of phone lines is but one of the resident's frustrations.

No comments: